Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dolphy Passed Away Today. ABS-CBN Sends a Mixed Message of Mourning and Anticipating It.

Of course I love the man, our comedy king, I would've mourned properly in silence if not for ABS-CBN's effin' insensitivity. Instead of being sad, I was angry. I posted the ff on my FB:


"Just a minute ago, ABS-CBN interrupted their program for a live news broadcast about Dolphy's passing. Immediately after that newsbreak we see an AVP tribute to Dolphy complete with narration and (other) snippets. Now, we do onsite videos BUT nobody can produce an AVP that fast. Meaning the AVP was made days prior. How disrespectful is that?"


On a related matter, the other insensitive guys over at Bandila (still under ABS-CBN) posted the FB status below:
I had to do a quick screen capture before those fuckers at Bandila changes things.


I mean, couldn't they just do away with the exclamation marks for that particularly sad headline? What's amazing is that as of this writing, 165 morons hit the 'Like' button for that post. That's like adding insult to fatality. If you posted that your mother just died, how'd you feel if I replied on your wall with "Super Like!!!"?


Meanwhile, this Newsbreak newscaster lady appeared on tv announcing her report saying something like "I'm here on location at the Medical City where Dolphy passed away..." Well, nothing disrespectful there except, she was standing right in front of a Makati Medical Center logo. And she did it twice.


Ok, they're humans, but it really is transparent how the media is more concerned about churning out the fastest update than thinking about how those updates sound to the public.  


--

No comments:

Post a Comment