Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Welcome World!


About 5 years ago, my then blog, Confessions of an Insomniac ended with a cliffhanger goodbye. It lasted more than 3 years and I got an international audience. A total of 5 readers, who were mostly living abroad. I'm spam-tagging them all again because I have freaking new blog!

And because I need to re-introduce myself again, here it goes. My Facebook name is Daniel Lei. Clients and co-industry friends call me either Daniel or Lei. My friends call me Lei. My parents call me Leidan which is cool because it sounds like I'm a Tekken character with a newbie ranking. High school friends call me Lei, iel or bogsa. All of them I'm cool with except for Omar Tansio who called me Cherry Pie because I resembled the actress. We became friends eventually but during my first days in UST High, he was a total bitch.


Really?

Alternately, the more cruel kids at school grew fond of calling me Weng Weng. The 2-feet actor who's mostly a secret agent on his films. I think I was actually OK with it because his movies are funny.

As agent 00. He gets all the women. 

Moving on.

Currently, I'm a cinematographer and photographer. Yep, we don't have a boss. Gets to travel for work. Don't have a time card. Those are mostly the pros. The cons go rather longer - some clients feel like they own our souls. We don't have holidays. Benefits are null. If our son doesn't have classes like the weekends, we're mostly out for work. Clients feel like our rates are 'flexible'. Yeah, like our goddamn Meralco bills are 'flexible'.

To be consistent with my former blog, readers can expect the following here:
Life events
Food, movie, TV, music reviews or whatever I'd like to complain about.
My poems, songs and artworks. Probably some work related photography.
Travelogs to exciting places, interesting locations, vacations and exotic destinations.
I'm a commuter though so it'll mostly be Megamall, Greenhills and Quiapo. We can include Metallica in Quezon Avenue just so we get 'exotic' covered.
Also, there'll be the occassional cursing.

That's about it. Hello big damn world!

Sincerely, Lei

1 comment: